Forest Mill Holiday Cottage
Forest Mill Cottage is a delightfully situated detached former mill resting on the banks of the upper reaches of the Monnow River at the foot of the Black Mountains, just 7 miles from Hay on Wye.
- Wonderful rural tranquility - perfect to relax and unwind
- Sleeps up to six guests in two bedrooms
- Riverside location and huge garden
- Beautifully renovated with open beams throughout
- Delightfully cosy and comfortable sitting room with wood burner
- Large private patio with two Al Fresco dining areas & BBQ
- Dog Friendly and Family Friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Large parking area for a number of vehicles in the cottage courtyard
- Fantastic walking into the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons from your doorstep
- Superb location for trying out adventurous activities
- Direct booking avoids costy commission fees
The living areas
The kitchen/dining area is a great place for the whole family to socialise and enjoy each others company. The kitchen is a home from home and is fully equipped with everything you could possibly need, including a large range cooker, a dishwasher and a fridge/freezer. The sitting room is an exceptionally cosy and comfortable room with a wood burner to warm your toes after a day out in the hills! For your entertainment there is a wide screen TV, Freesat, DVD and Bluetooth speaker.
The Good Life
A large private patio wraps around two sides of the cottage and houses two Al Fresco dining areas so you can make the most of the sunshine all day!
Guests are more than welcome to use the huge garden and splash about in the river beyond the cottage patio.
We are super doggie friendly - we warmly welcome your four legged family members, any number of them by arrangement, the main stipulation is they are friendly and get along with other dogs!
Sleep soundly to the gentle rhythmic sound of the Monnow river trickling by across the garden and under the 'International Dark Sky Reserve'
The River Room
A tastefully furnished room with a deluxe king size bed adorned with luxurious Egyptian cotton bed linen. Also available in the room is a very comfortable slatted single bed settee for additional guests.
The Hobbit Room
So called due to the quirky shaped door and 'up and over' entrance to the room, this bedroom hosts a choice of twin beds or a super-king size bed. Each made up with beautiful patchwork linen bedspreads, luxurious duvets and Egyptian cotton bed linen. This room also has a very comfortable slatted single bed settee for an additional guest.