Terms & Conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking:
1. A contract between You (& Your) the “guests” and Us (& We) the “owners” will come into existence when We receive payment and accept Your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds You & all the members of Your party. It is Your responsibility to ensure that all members of Your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
2. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking. Bookings made less than six weeks before the arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the relevant refundable Security Bond. Currently the security bond is £100 for Forest Mill Cottage and £50 for Ty Bychan, We reserve the right to increase the security bond for any reason.
3. The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of Your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then Your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and You will remain liable to pay the balance of the holiday.
4. The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed six in respect of Forest Mill Cottage or two in Ty Bychan and only those people listed on the booking form are permitted to occupy the respective cottages. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
5. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
6. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
7. Your occupation of either cottage is as stated; check in for Forest Mill Cottage is 4:00pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate by 11:00am on the day of departure; for Ty Bychan check in is 3:30pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate by 10:00am the day of departure. This allows housekeeping the required time to enter the cottages and thoroughly clean and prepare for incoming guests.
8. The cottages are strictly non-smoking and/or vaping properties. No smoking or vaping is permitted inside at any time, guests that do smoke or vape are asked to do so only outside and are not to allow the ingress of smoke into the cottages. Anyone found to be breaching this rule will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of the lead guest and taken from the security bond.
9. The internet connection at Forest Mill Cottage is available at no extra cost, subject to reasonable usage and technical availability. Use of Wi-Fi is permitted subject to the agreement of the Wi-Fi Terms and Conditions found in the information folder in the cottage You are deemed to have accepted the same if you connect to the internet at any time. There is no Wi-Fi connection provided at Ty Bychan but mobile phone signal is good.
10. You must lock the doors and close the windows and do not leave electrical equipment running when You leave the cottage unoccupied.
11. You must ensure the heating is turned off when the cottage is unoccupied. Any excessive use of oil or gas for heating will be charged for and taken from your security bond.
12. We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
13. Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
14. We reserve the right to enter the cottages at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
15. Security Bond – In making a booking You accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by You or any member of Your party and agree to indemnify Us in full for any loss that We may incur as a result.
16. Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that You notice damage in Your accommodation please let Us know immediately so that We can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages or damage during Your stay, We would be grateful if You could replace/repair and advise Us before You leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & You may be charged for any loss or damage found, which will be taken from your security bond.
17. We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional or specialist cleaning costs if You leave the cottage in an unacceptable condition, this will be retained from your security bond.
18. Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of Your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to You, currently the charge is £20 per key.
19. You are expected to leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition. You are asked to put everything back to the position and place that it was when You checked in. Check out preparation should include but not be limited to; emptying all the bins; the wood burner should be cleaned and swept out if used, any implement used in the kitchen should be thoroughly cleaned, the dishwasher may be left to finish a cycle upon checkout. All signs of dogs, mud, hairs, fur etc should be cleaned.
20. The security bond will be returned within 5 days of the end of Your holiday less the cost of damages, breakages or extra cleaning/laundering.
21. If the security bond is not sufficient to cover any charges made, an invoice will be raised you will be liable to pay the excess on demand.
22. Any problem or complaint which You may have concerning your holiday must be immediately reported directly to Us and We will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to Us at the time and only reported after You have returned from holiday will not be considered by Us.
23. All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing. If You cancel Your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start then Your deposit will be forfeit. If You cancel less than 6 weeks prior to the holiday then the full holiday price is not refundable. We will use our best endeavours to re-sell the cancelled dates and if sold We will refund the holiday price less the non-refundable deposit, kept as an admin fee. If We are unable to resell the cancelled dates You will not be refunded any amount.
24. We very strongly advise that You take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover any event leading to a cancellation. If You choose not to then You accept responsibility for any loss that You may incur due to Your cancellation for whatever reason.
25. Your booking will not be cancelled by Us except in exceptional circumstances for any reason that is beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel Your booking if the property becomes unavailable for reasons such as but not limited to fire, flood, failure of utilities such as electric or boiler/heating/hot water etc.
26. If applicable, notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and We will promptly refund all payments made for Your holiday. Our liability to You for cancellation will be limited to Your payments made to Us for Your holiday.
27. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
28. Both cottages are privately owned and loved by Us. We sincerely hope You enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that You would with Your own home.
House Rules for Your dogs
1. We realise that dogs are very much part of people’s families, as ours are! But we do want to ensure our cottages are as welcoming to non-dog owning guests as to our doggie friendly guests! With that in mind we ask that you look after the cottage whilst you and your four pawed friends are staying.
2. Before arrival please ensure that your dogs are vaccinated, up-to-date with flea, tick and worm treatments and not poorly with any infectious issues.
3. For guests coming to Forest Mill Cottage; please note that there are three dogs that live at Old Forest Mill (the neighbouring property) with whom you and your dogs will share the garden, if you have a dog that is timid or reactive we ask that you contact us to discuss the options. We will do our best to accommodate you but please understand it is our dogs’ permanent home and in fact may not be suitable for your requirements!
4. Ensure that you clean up after your dog(s) both inside and outside.
5. Outside; please pick up all poops as we often have families with children staying at Forest Mill Cottage. Please ensure your dog(s) do not trample or dig the flowerbeds, there is plenty of grass for their enjoyment!
6. Inside; please ensure that you leave the cottage dog hair and dog smell free!
7. We have some fabulous walking local to both cottages but please ensure that muddy dogs are washed off before coming back into either cottage.
8. At Forest Mill Cottage please keep wet dogs contained in the kitchen until they are clean and dry. At Ty Bychan please ensure they are kept downstairs until they are dry.
9. If your dog(s) are used to getting on your furniture at home please bring plenty of towels and throws with you to protect our furniture.
10. We prefer it if your dog(s) do not go upstairs but again understand that some do like to sleep near their owners. Please do not let your dog(s) get onto the beds as we have light coloured bedding and any marks, stains or damage will have to be paid for. If you feel your dog(s) are likely to get onto the beds please bring your own duvets and sheets with you and inform us that you will be doing so to save our housekeeper from unnecessarily making up the beds.
11. We ask that you do not leave your dog(s) alone in the cottages. We do have local pet-sitting available, if this is required please do ask.
At Forest Mill Holiday Cottages we respect your privacy, and aim to comply with the latest data protection regulations. This policy explains how we collect and handle data relating to website visitors. Please note that this policy may be altered in the future. It was last updated on 1st May 2019.
Who collects the information?
The information is being collected by Forest Mill Holiday Cottages, and the person responsible for handling data is Jo Thurlow, who can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Old Forest Mill, Craswall, HR2 0PW. Alternatively, phone: 01981 510516.
How do we collect information?
Information can be collected in the following ways:
- If you contact us via our enquiry form.
- If you sign up to our mailing list.
- If you make an online booking.
Anonymous data (relating to your computer, not to you personally) can also be collected whenever someone merely visits one of our web pages (this involves cookies - see below).
What information is collected?
For enquiries and/or bookings we will only collect the minimum information required for the purposes of being able to contact you and make an accurate record of the booking and process any payments relating to it.
The anonymous data relating to website traffic is limited to details of the device or connection being used to access our website (including the IP address of your computer, the country the connection is made from, the browser, etc.) and a record of the pages visited, plus the time spent on each page.
How is your data used?
When you contact us or make a booking, your data is only used for the corresponding purposes. We will not pass your contact details and other personal data to a third party.
Some data will also be used for internal record keeping (e.g. for the accounts that we are legally obliged to maintain), and to help us assess how to improve the services that we offer.
Anonymous data collected from cookies is used purely to compile statistics regarding the website traffic so that we can judge how well the website is performing.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. Personal information will only be given to a third party when we are legally obliged to do so.
Anonymous data derived from cookies may be shared with third parties, but only for technical purposes, not marketing ones.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on 01981 510516.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important. If you change your email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Old Forest Mill, Craswall, Hr2 0PW. Alternatively, you can telephone 01981 510516. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, and this will be sent to you in electronic format free of charge.
Your right to restriction
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
Your right to be forgotten
Data will only be stored for as long as it is needed. Unnecessary data will be erased.
The security of your information
When details such as your name and email address are submitted via a contact form or email, this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We provide an online service that may allow you to pay for your booking using your credit card details or debit card details. If applicable we will not store or process credit card details or debit card details on any of our systems; instead we may use PayPal, Stripe or another similar tool which is a secure online payment gateway to process credit card payments and debit card payments on our behalf.
If we hold records of your personal data and we become aware of a data breach, we will endeavour to inform you of this within 72 hours.
Users under 18 years of age
Any user under 18 years of age must have their parents'/guardians' consent to use our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Acceptance of these terms